Bret Michaels has been around for quite awhile. I remember when Poison was in heavy rotation late 80s & 90s on MTV and VH-1. (Those were the good ole' days when MTV & VH-1 played music videos non-stop.) As much as I enjoy watching Bret on the 'Rock of Love', I am not going to kiss behind at this moment. I am not going to tell you how I adored him and Poison. The truth of the matter is I was determined to become Billy Idol's baby's mama. "Billy, Billy where are you?" I also considered offering my womb to Sting ('Every Breathe You Take' turned me on. I wanted a man to desire me in that way. Possessiveness can be a turn on.) and Michael Jackson (he was still brown). My favorites were Sade, ABC, Klymaxx, Depeche Mode, Run DMC, N.W.A., Kate Bush, Vesta, Dolly Parton, Lionel Ritchie, Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Tears for Fears, Stevie Nicks, Janet Jackson, Madonna, and Digital Underground. Though not a favorite of Felicia's (dearest friend since kindergarten) or myself, we did not turn when Poison hit the screen. That alone was a good sign because we were finicky teenagers. We were professional channel flippers when certain artists appeared on the screen.

I wanted to share with you younger individuals the Bret Michaels I matured with and his evolution in appearance.
Brett-Michaels-Rock-of-Love
Bret Michaels showing us what 80s Rock 'n' Roll looked like.

Brett-Michaels-Rock-of-LoveShowing us that 'Real Men' get Pamela Anderson.

Brett-Michaels-Rock-of-LoveDisplaying that he is still pretty in his 40s.

Don't miss 'Talk Dirty to Me' July 22nd @9PM on VH-1! Sundays are yet again my favorite day of the week. 'Rock of Love' Episode 2 is an episode not to miss. *strolls of singing, "The look of love...that's the look, that's the look... the look of love..."

A nostalgic Qmoment!

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // 22/7/07 4:20 AM  

    hey q

  2. Beebs // 22/7/07 7:24 AM  

    Q, Thanxs for the walk down memory lane. Although out of all the artist you listed brett is the only one that I can only recall one of his songs.The every rose has it's thorns.Still and all he was a part of the greatest era in my opinion though most of the clubs I frequented played Too short, p.e., N.W.A.,oh and how could you forget Guy, omg and Teddy Riley,Alexander o'Neal, today, remember oh,do you really want him .....do you really want me.. him, or me ....lmao That was about the same time that Will Smith was the fresh prince with d.j. Jazzy jeff lol, Big Daddy Kane,yeah and L.L. kool J. was alone in room and in the back of my mind I hear my conscience call hmmmm.Damn them was the good ole daze......By the way welcome back, your perspective, and writing was missed

  3. Glamourvixen // 22/7/07 11:54 AM  

    Hello Everyone,

    Well all I have to say "Rock On".

    Great article.

  4. The Q © 2010 // 22/7/07 1:42 PM  

    Hey Anon.

    Beebs~ I remember Guy, Culture Club, Public Enemy, Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Queen Latifah, Miss Melody, Kool Moe D, SWV, and Big Daddy Kane (He was going to me my HUSBAND!) I remember a whole lot more but I was ready to go to bed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks for the welcome back and missing my 'off' perspective & writing. It is what I enjoyed about being a reader of The Blogspot. The differences between Groovy's and Steups perspective.

    Those were the good ole' days!!!

    Shawn~

    I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for calling into the show.

  5. Anonymous // 22/7/07 6:20 PM  

    bret micheals is a sexy ass man

eXTReMe Tracker