More than a 'Charm School' Judge

Today as usual I was running late for work. Not only do I stop to get coffee, I walk over to the Mac counter at Nordstrom's. I wanted to see their new eye shadows. This sistah loves wild eyeshadow colors. My favorite MAC Retail Artist is Germany (yes her momma gave her that name). Germany was reading this book titled "Self-Seduction: Your Ultimate Path to Inner and Outer Beauty". We start talking about the book and how it is helping her. Germany is a wild child at heart. Yet she has a deep soul that's always willing to learn. I asked her who wrote the book ...so I can go and buy it.

Surprise, surprise the author is Mikki Taylor, the Beauty Director and Cover Editor of ESSENCE Magazine. And now one of the judges of our beloved ' Charm School' on VH1 . I love to read Essence Magazine. Mikki 's articles are super. She gives wonderful beauty tips and advice. It's isn't always about the exterior either. VH-1 put the 'Flavor of Love' ladies in excellent hands.

Germany and I discuss certain colors which I want to buy. Of course they didn't necessarily enhance what God's given me.... LOL. In spite of me loving crazy colors ...I listened to the expert and allow her to try the colors that enhance Shawn's sexy. As Germany applies this and that ...she continues to share the information from 'Self Seduction: Your Ultimate Pate to Inner and Outer Beauty'. I would share our conversation but it drifted into sex talk. Shawn can get deep into some sex talk. It's time for a break ...so I am off to purchase the eye shadows I tried on earlier and Mikki Taylor's book. I'll leave you all with words from the publisher.

From The Publisher:

Like a best friend, Self-Seduction: Your Ultimate Path to Inner and Outer Beauty offers the most practical and timeless information to inform, simplify, and move your life forward in ways you never dreamed of. Here is a new-life resolution, full of important lessons to help you celebrate your beauty to the fullest. Self-Seduction explores the balance between spiritual and physical nourishment that is the key to true beauty—and features women whose beauty mirrors their own…all shades, shapes, and sizes. From beginning to end, the book moves beyond the mechanics of how do I look?—and teaches sisters to purposely love themselves in the highest order. At last, here is the blueprint that allows women to move themselves to the top of their to-do lists and endorses the principle that quality time with oneself is not an option, or a luxury, nor anything to feel guilty about, but an essential form of self-renewal. Self-Seduction puts you in touch with a pantheon of women, in and out of the spotlight—from Halle Berry and Vanessa L. Williams to Erykah Badu, Patti LaBelle, and Iman—who share candid insights on how they nurture their inner and outer beauty, and serve up great style day in and day out. They are joined by everyday women who have what author Mikki Taylor calls celebrité (such as eighty-two-year-old body builder Morjorie Newlin); women who give new dimension to what it means to live an empowered life. In addition, you'll also find anecdotes, methods, and solution-oriented philosophies from the top experts—including psychologists, naturopathic doctors, nutritionists, dermatologists, personal trainers, hairstylists, and makeup artists—to help guide you on your path and insure that you realize all the joys of your desires. Self-Seduction will:

Show you the joys of being affirmed, fulfilled, and fabulous

Help you define beauty for yourself

Teach you to avoid the diet-driven, dress-size syndrome and identify a winning formula

Reveal how to achieve clear, radiant skin so you can put your best face forward

Taylor, who is passionate about beauty, also shares tried-and-true techniques to help you enjoy makeup on your own terms and close the gap between the hair you desire and the hair you possess. All in all, Self-Seduction is a journey every sister will want to embark upon, as it is the one that leads home.

You buy her book at a local book store near you. Make sure you check out Mikki Taylor, on VH-1's 'Charm School' on Sundays @ 9pm.

32 comments

  1. SpeakNtrutH // 20/4/07 3:19 PM  

    FIRST

  2. The Q © 2010 // 20/4/07 3:26 PM  

    Congrats ...Speak. LOL

  3. Gabrielle // 20/4/07 3:40 PM  

    sometimes u can't read it all

  4. Anonymous // 20/4/07 3:47 PM  

    What's wrong Gabby? Is the fonts too small?

  5. FOL // 20/4/07 4:12 PM  

    TACT. Some of us need it.

    Anyway, never knew Mikki Taylor had books; but I am not surprised it's that type of book

  6. Anonymous // 20/4/07 4:23 PM  

    I think she acts so sweet on the show. She has such a charming and sicere disposition.

  7. The Q © 2010 // 20/4/07 4:26 PM  

    I agree with you Maneater.

    Who needs tact, Steups?

  8. Gabrielle // 20/4/07 4:43 PM  

    nah, i'm just a nut shawn

  9. FOL // 20/4/07 4:51 PM  

    Elle needs tact.
    Sweet girl, though....
    adds compliment to soften the blow

  10. FOL // 20/4/07 5:05 PM  

    I guess I need tact, too.

  11. Anonymous // 20/4/07 5:09 PM  

    I know what I need. I need a long weekend without any noise. Just plain quiet so I can sleep and not be disturb.

    Another thing I need is for someone to give me a Million Dollars.

  12. The Q © 2010 // 20/4/07 5:16 PM  

    You need more than tact.

  13. Anonymous // 20/4/07 5:21 PM  

    LOL

    He need that power. LOL.

    Wonder Twin power activate.

  14. Jeff // 20/4/07 5:21 PM  

    how ugly is mikki lol

  15. Gabrielle // 20/4/07 5:30 PM  

    lol Mr. bright is mean. mikki ain't all that uggly.

    steups we need to have it out

  16. Jeff // 20/4/07 5:42 PM  

    thank you for callin me mean lol i love bein mean but she looks like an alien LMAO

  17. Gabrielle // 20/4/07 5:46 PM  

    lol i wouldn't say alien but i am kind of wondering what got her into the fashion world, cause i know it wasn't her looks. i'm not trying to be mean cause she's a nice lady

  18. FOL // 20/4/07 6:51 PM  

    I don't have a million to give anyone but if they remove 5 of the zeroes...I have that to give.

  19. Anonymous // 20/4/07 6:58 PM  

    Thank you.

  20. FOL // 20/4/07 6:59 PM  

    Thank you...you really want to take 10 from me, Shawn?

  21. Anonymous // 20/4/07 7:04 PM  

    You know I keep watching the reunion over and over. Everytime I watch it I see new things.

    When she keep saying you know that reason why I should have choose Chance he was a good fuck or big cock, one of the other. But she keep saying this 2 inch thing and Tango keep saying you know better for it never happen.

    So I am like did they have sex or not? He say it never happen and she is saying something else.

    DId anyone check ebay to see the necklace there?

  22. Anonymous // 20/4/07 7:05 PM  

    NOpe steups,

    Take a female out tonight on that ten. Make sure you carry your American Condon card too.

  23. FOL // 20/4/07 7:33 PM  

    haven't checked....

  24. Theodius**Misterballer** // 20/4/07 9:24 PM  

    hey whats up, I'm with bhatti.

  25. Gabrielle // 20/4/07 10:49 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  26. Wumpus // 20/4/07 11:44 PM  

    She is not ugly, she's just got some Tiger Woods/Dezel Washington Teeth

  27. revenge aka O-ren Ishii // 20/4/07 11:51 PM  

    these little youngins need more than tact, steups.

    not only can they be insulting but too fucking oblivious as well.

    you say anything to them and i can only imagine the blank doe stare watching the computer screen.

    i am more than venomous these days so i will stay away...more out of respect for the writers of this blog than anything.

  28. The Q © 2010 // 21/4/07 1:10 AM  

    Revenge ...Revenge ...Revenge ...

    Do not leave me!!!!

  29. ShakazP // 21/4/07 9:15 AM  

    people on this blog are soooooo shallow

  30. Electra (trinidad) // 21/4/07 10:57 AM  

    Hi All, Its me the HAIC, I have come with oil to pour on troubled waters. :(

    Love is the operative word all. Love.

  31. Electra (trinidad) // 21/4/07 10:57 AM  

    Hi All, Its me the HAIC, I have come with oil to pour on troubled waters. :(

    Love is the operative word all. Love.

  32. Wumpus // 21/4/07 12:46 PM  

    I finally broke down and got g mail pw.

eXTReMe Tracker