How does reality TV alter one's personal reality? That's the central question in our recent discussion with New York, whose current fame seems to know no bounds. Beating the odds with success that has surprised even its titular diva, I Love New York has emerged from the shadow of Flavor of Love as unmissable TV in its own right. It's rare that a spin-off can capture success comprable to the show that spawned it, but ILNY has. Combine that with the fact that at the center of such a popular show is a woman who flaunts her sexuality often and enthusiastically, as opposed to upholding archaic notions of "proper" female behavior. The ratings suggest that New York and her big, big love are being celebrated, not villified.

All of this makes I Love New York a creature that pop-culture has rarely seen before. It's something of a reality show unicorn. We talked to New York about all this, as well as her feelings on feminism and the buzz that she revealed ILNY's "winner" during her appearance last month on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Things, to use New York's own words at one point, "get steamy" after the jump...


Has your life changed at all since the show started?

There are so many ways that my life has changed. First of all, when I go places now, everybody recognizes me. I mean, everybody. From, like, little young white kids to elderly people. I had no idea that the show was this huge and I was so recognizable.

So, you see a difference between now and, say, Flavor of Love 2? You're more recognized now than you were, say, three months ago?

Oh, absolutely. I would say that I'm definitely in my "climax period." When Flavor of Love was still on, I was still able to go to, like, little corner bars and the mall, check out JC Penny. Now I can't do any of that stuff. I have to set up my day and make sure I have somebody with me in case people get crazy. They come out of everywhere now.

Ok Yes this is old but to some it's new.

TO READ MORE CLICK HERE

Credit: Vh1 CelebReality Blog

4 comments

  1. THE ORIGINAL MR.NEW YORK // 17/3/07 3:28 PM  

    FIRST~~~MR.NEW YORK

  2. THE ORIGINAL MR.NEW YORK // 17/3/07 3:36 PM  

    IS THIS OLD I THINK I SEEN THIS BEFORE~~~MR.NEW YORK

  3. Anonymous // 17/3/07 3:40 PM  

    Yes it's old but some people haven't seen it nor some people actually don't go to the site to read.

  4. Nana Sadie // 17/3/07 4:42 PM  

    Yeah, but the end of the interview seems to be chopped off at the bottom.

eXTReMe Tracker