deelishisLast Sunday was absolutely terrible.
I had no internet connection for the better part of the day and there was no new episode or Reunion Special of Flavor of Love. The last three months made me forget how utterly boring Sundays can be and I am now forced to do manly things like watch football. Yuck!

In the end I settled for sleep and boy did I sleep. I probably got 15 hours sleep between late Sunday afternoon and early Monday morning so I should be all effervescent and ebullient, but I am not. I've been yawning all day and were it not for my interest in politics I'd be in bed.

That's just me I guess. Some of us have worse withdrawal symptoms.
Take the case of my friend Octavia (not her real name, but pretty darn close).
Atavia (oops) decided she cannot accept not having another show with Flava Flav so she taxed her mind and forged a concept of her own.
Here is her idea, as she told it to me...

"I've got the best idea on how to keep the Flavor of Love dynasty going. Flav and Deelishis bring twelve (12) married couples in need of romance to the mansion, and they give them romantic advice, the couples with the least progress go home each week. Good huh? Or is it just Flavor of Love withdrawal."

Actually Octavia, it might be a bit of both.
I forwarded her idea to my contact at MTV/VH1, hopefully they like it and she is handsomely rewarded.

The least you can do: add Octavia
The link drop: NV's blog
The name drop: Porker


CNN, FoxNews or MSNBC?

13 comments

  1. Ivory // 6/11/06 8:17 PM  

    Oh yeah, finally!!!! I'm the first comment!

  2. Anonymous // 6/11/06 8:22 PM  

    This is a public Blog. I will say what I want when I want. No body going to muffle Dragon.

    This Blog has a lot of double standards and if no one wants to stand up to that THING, I will.

    Exit the Dragon

  3. Anonymous // 6/11/06 8:23 PM  

    The shit bag even insulted the writer of the Blog and no one complained but as soon as I step up to him its a problem. Next thing u know u all will be breast feeding the THING

    Exit the Dragon

  4. Ivory // 6/11/06 8:30 PM  

    Anyway, now that I've embarassed myself a little bit, I am feeling the FOL withdrawal, I do really like the idea Octavia thought up. Anything to help get my fix, ya know?
    Alright, I've got a pretty bad virus so I'm going to bed even though it's 8 something here on the east coast.
    One more thing: Steups mentioned in last blog about his campaigning. Elections are tomorrow, so everyone vote please. A bill could be passed that would refuse emergency contraception to RAPE victims, meaning that to protect themselves from pregnancy they would have to drive to another hospital in hopes that they could provide it. We all know though that once a rape has occured time is seriously of the essense. Even if you are against taking EC, the main issue here is the fact that we are slowly losing more and more control over our bodies. Anyway, that is just ONE issue of so many, let's not let rich, middle-aged white men make decisions as to what is right for everyone else.
    Political rant over.
    Going to bed now. Btw, I, ahem, wouldn't ever mind a shout-out myself sometime, hint hint.
    Night all!

  5. Anonymous // 6/11/06 8:34 PM  

    Well, I thik that Flav and Dee have to first develop a solid relationship themselves before they try giving other couples advice, and from what I've been seeing, it seems like Dee has been trying to give Flav space and opportunity to court her and make her fall in love, but all he keep doin is talkin bout his new baby and how special its mama is to him; all this while soaking up the shine from the tv show. I really hope that he didn't go thru all this to end up making Dee look like a fool!! But if anything, I would like to see another show like "strange love" that chronicles Flav and Dee tring to make a relationship work with all their kids and the madness going on in their lives; kinda like a ghetto newlyweds!!! maybe you could call it the flavor bunch!!

  6. FOL // 6/11/06 8:34 PM  

    Enter the dragon, it may seem like more to you bit I only waste 23hrs and 50 mins per day on the blog.

    I can assure you that everyone is mistreated equally, lol.
    I have perused the comments and deleted accordingly.

    You suffered more than most but I kept 2 or 3.

  7. FOL // 6/11/06 8:36 PM  

    Giving them a show is probably the only way to keep those two together.

    Ivory...you'll get that shoutout and our friend at MissB wants you to know how much she appreciates your comments, again.

  8. FOL // 6/11/06 9:12 PM  

    Oh...that sounds interesting...so you would modify her idea and use no couples at all?

  9. FOL // 6/11/06 9:13 PM  

    I used to love Chris but now I believe Keith is the true star of that channel.

  10. Anonymous // 6/11/06 10:46 PM  

    Flav is like 20 years older then Dee, that's kinda disgusting.....I guess as long as he's able to get his "big" azz pogo stick up, they will probably be together for many many years. Dam she lucky

  11. FOL // 7/11/06 12:47 AM  

    lmao @ pogo stick.

  12. Anonymous // 7/11/06 10:49 AM  

    Thank you 4 the shout out, Steupz. I wouldn't change my idea people, that's the entertaining part, who is Flav and Dee to give married people advice, irony.

  13. Anonymous // 7/11/06 12:15 PM  

    Sundays are just not the same...*sighs loudly*

eXTReMe Tracker